Birch and Tiffany Robbins
P.O. Box 888, Kodiak, AK 99615
701-526-1677 Email Us!
At Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge, we have developed programs to utilize some of the different opportunities that this area provides, while customizing each to different visitor’s tastes.
Standard in Each Unguided Package
- Round trip transportation by boat or a local sea plane charter to Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge from the Kodiak City Airport.
- A beautiful location in the remote wilderness surrounded by ocean and 2,000 foot mountains with amazing views of the surrounding flora and fauna, where bear, deer, elk and ducks have all been spotted from within the lodge.
- All lodging in heated private guest cabins with beautiful views, complete bathroom, comfortable mattresses, fresh flannel sheets, and down comforters.
- Comfortable main lodge, boasting the surrounding views, a large lounge with woodstove, rustic furniture and local art, spacious dining room with hand built tables, and a large open kitchen to watch our cook at work and enjoy hors d’oeuvres.
- Hot tub, hot showers, and hot banya(sauna), including fresh, clean towels, soap and shampoo.
- Laundry facility for guests’ use.
- Twenty four hour hydro electric generated electricity, backed up by a quiet diesel generator if the temperatures drop below freezing and we have to shut down the hydro.
- Wireless internet.
- Plentiful, hot, home cooked meals focusing on what your body needs to do the work you’ll be doing. Meals typically feature pastas, steaks, fresh salads, home made breads, and daily made desserts.
- Daily prepared field lunches, including snacks.
- Complimentary beer on tap brewed in Kodiak by the Kodiak Island Brewing Company and wines paired to the evening meal.
- No Smoking Property, including on our fishing boats, effective spring of 2018. Smokers are welcome to smoke on one of our beaches in front of the property.
- Daily drop off and pick up from a heated, comfortable boat operated by a Coast Guard Licensed Captain and Transporter.
- Meat storage in our large meat house safe from bears.
- Gift store at the lodge to browse through at guests’ leisure.
Our price does not include:
- Hunting licenses and tags available at the Alaska Fish and Game website: http://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/license/ as well as State and Federal Duck Stamps. Please remember all Kodiak Brown Bear tags, as well as most Roosevelt Elk tags are drawing permits, and must be applied for in November and issued by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.
- Afognak Native Corporation Land Use Permits. About half of the land we hunt is privately owned by the Afognak Native Corporation. Land Use Permits may be obtained online: https://www.afognak.com/lands/land-use-permit/ Purchasing the Permit before arriving on your hunt is recommended and doubles the amount of land you can hunt, for a minimal investment. We will not transport you to ANC lands without a copy of your Land Use Permit.
- Preparation and transport of your game back to home from Kodiak City. Please bring coolers, waxed fish boxes, or totes to bring your meat home to process.
- Include a heavy duty inflatable boat and motor to the complete package above. This is a requirement for our unguided duck hunters without a retriever, and is a great way to deer, elk, bear, and/or duck hunt slowly and quietly along the coast. No noisy big boat to worry about when you see an animal you’d like to hunt. Still includes daily transporting via the Gemini, however, adds flexibility during the day. Week long rentals through friends of ours in Kodiak are $510 total and includes gas, life jackets, anchor, etc. Requires a separate hold harmless agreement.
- A guide to accompany you in the field. Please review our Guided Hunts if you’re interested in a guide.
All of our packages are customizable! Please fill out the information request form to let us know what your wishes are, and how we can best accommodate you.
Minimum of two people per party, four-night minimum.
Unguided Hunter’s Package
Eleven night stay, with ten full days of unguided, daily drop off and pick up hunting. Hunt hard on both Raspberry Island and South West Afognak Islands for whatever you have a tag/permit for, including sea ducks, Sitka Black-Tailed Deer, Roosevelt Elk, and the Kodiak Brown Bear (Alaskan Resident only, the State of Alaska mandates non-Alaskan residents must hire a guide to hunt brown bear). Included is an arrival the evening before the first day of hunting in time to settle in, check your zero at our 100 yard shooting range, enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer, hot tub, shower, and hors d’oeuvres before dinner. This package also includes a departure the morning following your last day of fishing after hot coffee and delicious breakfast. Price per person: $4,470.
Shorter, six night stay, with five days of unguided, daily drop off and pick up hunting. Arrive the evening before your first day of hunting and depart the morning after your last day of hunting. Price per person: $2,620.
For safety reasons, we always ask that you hunt with a companion on an unguided hunt. Please either book with a buddy, or we may be able to match you with another single hunter if the opportunity presents itself, or you must request a guide. If you are interested in a guide, please let us know and we will introduce you to him.
Thank you for considering Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge for your next hunt. Please fill out our reservation form or e mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate further about your next trip!
Thanx for an excellent stay and great hospitality! The worst part is leaving… ~ Claude B. Kenai