For years guests have encouraged us to prepare a combination Fishing and Hunting trip, combining the Alaskan Fishing and Alaskan Hunting worlds. We have remained hesitant as the two optimal time periods for each, Summer being best for fishing, and Fall being best for Hunting, barely overlap.
After a lot of research (which was a lot of fun) we’ve decided to offer the last two weeks of September as a Fish Hunt Combo package. During this time we will offer fully guided fishing for Halibut, Rockfish, Cod, and Tanner (Snow) Crab in the salt, Silver Salmon and Steelhead in fresh water, and unguided hunting for Sitka Black Tailed Deer in the mountains.
As specialized weeks focusing on this exact timeframe overlap, we will fix the arrival and departure of each week ahead of schedule; with less flexibility than we do throughout the rest of our seasons. Please check with us if you’re interested in the trip and to find out when the two weeks will start!
Standard in each package:
- Round trip transportation by boat or a local sea plane charter to Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge from the Kodiak City Airport.
- A beautiful location in the remote wilderness surrounded by ocean and 2,000 foot mountains with amazing views of the surrounding flora and fauna, where bear, deer, elk and ducks have all been spotted from within the lodge.
- All lodging in heated, private guest cabins with beautiful views, complete bathroom, comfortable mattresses, fresh flannel sheets, and down comforters.
- Comfortable main lodge, boasting the surrounding views, a large lounge with wood stove, rustic furniture and local art, spacious dining room with hand built tables, and a large open kitchen to watch our chef at work and enjoy hors d’oeuvres.
- Hot tub, hot showers, and hot banya (sauna), including fresh, clean towels, soap and shampoo.
- Laundry facility for guests’ use.
- Twenty-four hour hydroelectric generated electricity, backed up by a quiet diesel generator, only if needed.
- Wireless internet.
- Plentiful, hot, home cooked meals focusing on what your body needs to do the work you’ll be doing. Meals typically feature pastas, steaks, fresh salads, home made breads, and daily made desserts.
- Daily prepared field lunches, including snacks.
- Complimentary beer on tap brewed in Kodiak by the Kodiak Island Brewing Company and wines paired to the evening meal.
- Fully guided and outfitted fishing.
- Complete fish processing, vacuum sealing, and freezing.
- Daily drop off and pick up from a heated, comfortable boat operated by a Coast Guard Licensed Captain and Transporter.
- Meat storage in our large meat house safe from bears.
- Gift store at the lodge to browse through at guests’ leisure.
- Any necessary land use permits to hunt and fish on private property.
Our price does not include:
- Hunting and fishing licenses and deer tags available at the Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- Butchering of your deer meat. You can have it butchered in Kodiak or Anchorage and shipped home, or transfer it to us if you don’t want the meat.
- Transport of your fish/game back to home from Kodiak City.
Fish Hunt Combo Package
3 days fishing, 2 days hunting
Six night stay, with three full days of fully guided and outfitted fishing, and two full days of unguided, daily drop off and pick up hunting. Fish easy then hunt hard on both Raspberry Island and South West Afognak Islands for Sitka Black-Tailed deer. Included is an arrival the evening before the first day activities in time to settle in, check your zero at our 100 yard shooting range, enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer, hot tub, shower, and hors d’oeuvres before dinner. This package also includes a departure the morning following your last day of activities after hot coffee and delicious breakfast. Price per person: $3,948
Fish Hunt Combo Package
2 days fishing, 3 days hunting
Six night stay, with two full days of fully guided and outfitted fishing, and three full days of unguided, daily drop off and pick up hunting. Fish easy then hunt hard on both Raspberry Island and South West Afognak Islands for Sitka Black-Tailed deer. Included is an arrival the evening before the first day activities in time to settle in, check your zero at our 100 yard shooting range, enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer, hot tub, shower, and hors d’oeuvres before dinner. This package also includes a departure the morning following your last day of activities after hot coffee and delicious breakfast. Price per person: $3,593
Interested in a fully guided hunt? Please fill out our information request form and we’ll introduce you to the guide who works with us.
Thank you for considering Kodiak Raspberry Island Remote Lodge for your next hunt. Please fill out our reservation form or e mail us firstname.lastname@example.org to communicate further about your next trip!
I just wanted to say thanks again for all of the hospitality. I had an absolute ball and thoroughly enjoyed both staying at your beautiful home and exploring the breathtaking surroundings. You’ve got a wonderful family and a top-notch operation that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend and I sincerely wish you guys the best in the future. -Josh L. MN